Time to tango...

Sunday night was a rainy, blustery evening, but this did not deter a fun evening of sensual dance. We entered the Daza Dance studio for a monthly tango meetup for the the first time. I was a little nervous, since I had no idea what a beginner's Argentinean tango class had in store for me that evening.
If you have ever tangoed, Argentinean style, you know exactly what I am talking about. This relaxed form of social dancing is less about getting the steps correct, and more about interacting with your partner. According to our beginner's class teacher, this tango style is essentially "fancy walking". And let me tell you, this "fancy walking" was incredibly fun. The class was a great introduction for those who had never danced before, and there were a few. There were also several very experienced dancers who were kind enough to help the newcomers out. However, one of the best parts of the class, was when we got to see how beautiful the "fancy walking" became when danced by those who passionately enjoyed it.

This experience is offered the second Sunday of every month, and I'm definitely going again. In fact, I may join a class that meets weekly and make my "fancy walking" look pretty spectacular indeed.

http://www.meetup.com/TANGO-OASIS-Modern-Music-Timeless-Dance/calendar/lkpdnynqbqb/

No comments: