Sweet Boutineers with Paper flowers and Peacock Feathers

This weekend I spent part of my time working on crafting for the wedding. Remember those paper flowers a while back? Well, I took some of those, trimmed them so they were a bit smaller and added some feathers and such. It was such quick going, that in the course of an afternoon, I had made boutineers for all the Groomzombies and family members.

First, I trimmed the stem on the flower so that it was the desired length.Then, on the back of the stem I put a dot of glue from a hot glue gun. I attached the peacock feather to this dot.


I added another dot on the stem to the side of the peacock feather. (I decided where to put the feathers depending on how they curved). I attached a small ostrich feather or rooster feather to the other dot of glue.

After the glue has cooled, put an small vertical line of hot glue on the stem near the bottom and attach the end of a 1" ribbon.

Wrap around once and fold down.

Fold up again, capturing the feather and stem ends.

 Fold another 45*.

Wrap around the stems all the way up to the base of your flower.

Fold over the end of the ribbon and secure with hot glue. Glue a broach or broken earring with the back removed to the front to add texture, interest and a bit of sparkle.



Final Product





PS- sorry the photos are so awful...I had to take them with my phone and the quality isn't the best...

No comments: