Early Morning at the Park

This morning I finally got out of my warm soft nest of a bed to go for an early run in the park. At half past six in the morning today you could find me trotting the trails at Piedmont Park. Was it chilly? yes. Was it kinda dark? yes. Was it deserted? hardly.

Yes, my friend, before seven in the morning the park is packed with various bootcamp groups. Out of the fog, disembodied voices yell and chant and scream. Bootcamp is one of those extremely popular fitness crazes that involve calisthenics and sprints at crazy early hours while a former drill sergeant, football player or coach (depending on your bootcamp preference) yells themself hoarse. It definately made my run feel like fun times.

And speaking of running; nothing beats running around a lake or grassy knoll, listening to your favorite tunes while watching the sun rise and the fog disperse. I just may do a morning run more often.

No comments: