A Destination in My Mind

I am one of those strange people who actually enjoy the airport run. Odd as it may sound, as I approach, I actually imagine that I am the one taking a trip and jetting off to faraway places.  I watch the planes scream above me and I feel a little bit of that excitement and anticipation that I , yes I, will be GOING SOMEWHERE. Then, I quickly jolt back into reality and realize that it was only in my imagination and, alas, I was merely the driver this time again, as my situation in life (superbly broke) does not allow for impromptu flights to far off places and exciting destinations.

So, I reconcile myself to the fact that any trip I take right now will only be in my mind and try to be content with watching the Travel Channel yet again.

1 comment:

Madlouse said...

I know what you mean. Even dropping people off at the airport can be a mini-adventure...heck, for me, sometimes even a trip to the supermarket can be an adventure!