The Blouse

You know what's better than buying a new shirt? Putting on one that you haven't worn in quite a while because it was too tight...and realizing that it fits.

I had reached into my coat closet intending to grab a dress of the same color to put into the summer storage box, when I found my hand grasping a light fuschia blouse. Said blouse had been my once favorite shirt until stress weight gained during art school relegated it to a more distant part of the closet. At first I didn't want to try it on, for fear of disappointing myself. Sure enough, however it fit!

I must make a small confession to you....I don't diet. I hate the word, connotations, everything. "Diet" means to me, another way that we are forced to conform to some ideal. It means "Just lettuce and dressing on the side" or "No I can't eat your handmade birthday cake, and if I do I'll feel guilty for a week". What I do believe in is healthy life choices. I've been running, watching my portions, cutting out junk food, eating lots of fruits and veggies, drinking more water, and tracking online at a free tracking site. Needless to say, that is how my fuschia blouse will now be in regular rotation.

No comments: