My Journey Began...


My process really started back in December of last year. I went to a dress shop to try on bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding. I had a realization of how large I had gotten when almost all of the sample sizes were too small and I had to get clipped in with scrap fabric. It felt a little humiliating and made me extremely self conscious. Then, I actually weighed myself again to see where I was, it was like a switch clicked in my brain and I decided to take my health back, to become the athlete I had once been and wanted to be again.



First of all, to be honest, I want to say, I'm a girl who doesn't do diets. I love food, good food. I love to cook good food, eat good food, and savor good food. You tell me I can't have carbs, sweets, fat, whatever...that's exactly what I am going to turn around and sneak and binge on and want to eat all the time. I had to figure out how to circumvent myself. I decided to do everything common sense and simply. All my food had to be delicious. No complicated diet plans, no "diet" food, no weird restrictions, just permanent lifestyle changes that I could live with on a day to day basis. Forever kind of changes, not a “diet”. Clean eating, lots of movement, and trying to figure out how and why I let myself get to that point in the first place. It was going to be hard, it was going to be painful, and I was going to change my life.



Next Installment: My Plan of Attack!

No comments: