Keep on Runnin'.....

Hello, folks...sorry I've been on hiatus. My day job has me swamped with tasks; I've started training for a 10K; and wedding planning has appeared to swallow most of the available time I have on a day to day basis.

Wait...you're training for a 10K? Why?!! Well, for the past five years, I had been watching the Peachtree Road Race speed by the front steps of the apartment building I had been living in. Every year I had said to myself that I needed to sign up, train, and run. Has it been difficult? a little bit. Mostly, my motivation to continue on suffers a bit,and I have to push through. My goal - to push through and finish. Not only finish, but finish with a time to be proud of.

How to get training? Well, I printed out the following; a beginner's 5K training program, a program that trains you from a 5K to a 10K, and then parts of a program that help you with your time.

Here are a few helpful links if you are interested in getting yourself into 10K shape:

To get from a beginner to a 5K-er
Fitness Magazine's 5K program

Runner's World 5K program

Running Times' 5K training

To bump up from a 5K to a 10K

Novice 10K training

To bump up your 10K

Running Planet.com


Now, there are hundreds of training programs out there, all geared towards different levels of fitness and amount of time to train. Find a program that works for you and...Good Luck!

No comments: