My Words on a Cup of Coffee



I have a generous love of coffee. My love extends to all incarnations of this delicious brew. I enjoy cold coffee beverages in the summer and hot coffee in the winter. I even have a cup of decaf in the evenings on occasion. If the beans my brew came from are halfway decent, I'll even drink it sans additives (ie, black). Two pieces of the latest coffee news came to my ears yesterday. One, coffee prevents diabetes in women according to researchers at UCLA. Two, Starbucks is releasing a new size that is akin to drinking a quart of coffee...

Why is this of interest to anyone? Well, apparently Starbucks must've had some advance knowledge of this research, because their Trenta size...is almost the amount of coffee a lady needs to consume to get her diabetes prevention on. Coincidence? Who knows? only the marketing execs of Starbucks.

So, until next time, folks, I'll tip my large (justified) mug of coffee to you and wish you the best of a coffee bean filled kind of day!

3 comments:

Madlouse said...

Hmm...I wonder what benefits there are for men! (Eagerly awaiting that study.)

Caitlin said...

Haha! This is a great post, Marzipan! "Trenta" size--woahhhh!

Marcy said...

Interesting article to follow up with....
www.good.is/post/starbucks-trenta-is-bigger-than-your-stomach/